Monday, April 27, 2015

life transactions

random thought about the value of friendships/relationships.
and perhaps the one word that i think sums it up is 'transactional'.
not quite the word you were looking for aye? not quite the word i wanted to use too. but when you really think about it, all these -ships are transactional. mental transactions, emotional transactions, physical transactions, and may I be blasphemous enough to say—spiritual transactions. of course, that's probably the rarest and perhaps highest order of transaction we want to deal with and receive. perhaps through a lover, or soulmate, or beautiful stranger you meet once.

well, what led me think of this is how I find myself more passive in certain -ships and more active in others. it's because the transactional value in some are lower than others. the gives and takes don't add up. if there's a faint emotional transaction, minimal mental transaction and non-existent physical transaction, then what is the glue that holds? nothing much. so what do you do? break it off, of course. because really, why did you even out yourself in that spot in the first place?

and as instinctive and second nature as this might be to some people, it sure isn't the case for me.
so, now that i've pinned it down to key transactional types, it easy to see the scales. and it's not about being calculative, it's about really surrounding yourself with people who allow you to be better versions of yourself, seek farther pastures and feel connected to. so on that note, I shall discard dormant -ships, ships that are going nowhere or headed in different directions. discard them for good, even if it means shaking up the seas just a little, or encountering pirates in future.

1 comment:

asasi said...

"I shall discard dormant -ships, ships that are going nowhere or headed in different directions. discard them for good, even if it means shaking up the seas just a little, or encountering pirates in future."

Does it means that we have also should get rid of those who do not care for us like we care for them? I'm really confused now because I care for someone but he doesn't give me the same response. Should I stop for good to not contact him (since who always make contact first is me, and he won't bother to reach me even if I'm not contacting him for a long time *I really restrain myself